Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Fine Motor Skills.....

Working on cutting, gluing and following directions.



DSC09798


DSC09816

DSC09815
Gotta love that tongue!!!

DSC09819

DSC09822

These cutting sheets are from a book by Kumon. They are wonderful products and we are enjoying using a few different work books [I promise I'll post more when I have the type to write]

and today on our walk......we were looking for different color leaves for a project.
DSC09863









This child just loves to learn. Everyday she wakes up excited and tells me "homeschool me Mommy".......and we spend our days learning, exploring and doing.

I have written up our curriculmn, but have to find a few minutes [Ok, a 1/2 hour to hour] block of time to type them in here. I have been finding many resources online and at the library.

One that I wanted to share works with the program we are using called "Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons" SRA DISTAR ~Siegfriend Engelmann

They are worksheets that go along with the lessons in the book. Manuscript Hand Writing

3 comments:

Tammy and Parker said...

How incredible! I've never seen these cutting sheets before. Sure beats the plain black and white ones that are out there.

I have a wonderful science resource if you are interested. I'd be happy to xerox you some experiences and send them to you. You are allowed to copy from this book as long as it isn't for profit. =)

Kris said...

Lovely pictures and ideas. Can you just order the Kumon book or is Emma Sage enrolled in a program? It looks so fun and interesting.

I think of you often and hope you are well.

All our love,
Kris and Jennifer

Tara Marie said...

Tammy, I would love them if you can xerox them, or if you let me know the source I might be able to find the resource at our libray.

Kris, no, I buy the books at our local book store. I don't have the book infront of me right now, but tomorrow I'll post a link to the website for the books. They are so much fun and I think each book is about $5.95.