Friday, February 16, 2007

What have we been up too?

I have been so busy of late, that I have neglected this blog.

Emma Sage has been very busy with her schooling. She just cracks me up. Everyday, she will ask me over and over again to "homeschool me Mommy". Even though we have finished with our scheduled plans.

This child has an insatiable appite to learn. So what is a Momma to do? You just keep on teaching her.

One thing that she has taken to is to carry her notebook around with her. She just loves to write, and will ask me to spell everything around her, which she puts in her book.

If I'm in the kitchen making lunch, she is there asking me to spell, clock, stove, sink, dish, bread....etc. She just finds things and says them and then asks me to spell them, which she gladly does. She can write all of her letters and is getting good at her spacking them in word form on her lined notebook. She uses a marble composition book, although I use the wider spaced lined paper for our lessons.

She is blossoming at reading. Here is a little clip Greta did of her a few weeks ago reading to me. I don't have a video camera, so this is dark, but the best I can do. [Emma Sage had a bit of a cold so she sounds real sinus[y].



Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


This child just makes my heart soar!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful reading Emma Sage. We are so proud of you.

The Mom said...

That's wonderful TM! ES makes my heart soar too :) Love to hear about your homeschooling lessons - you are a great mom and a great teacher :)

Shannon @ Gabi's World said...

She is a very bright girl!

FBF Rothkopf said...

That's so awesome! And I do love the new design, sorry it took me so long to comment on it; see my blog for details :)

Francine